Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Split Lip and a ER visit!

She looks happy but that is not the case.
My dear sweet Carly Anna you are a child that has NO FEAR. On a morning when daddy was out of town and Cole had to be at school we were rushing around as usual. Mommy was putting on her makeup and you and Cole were playing in the bathroom and watching me. Cole climbed up on the window seat in the bathroom and of course you followed. Somehow as you pulled yourself up and stood up your feet got tangled and you fell face first onto the tile about 3 feet down. At this point blood was pouring out of your face and mommy started to shake and rushed you to the sink. I noticed right away that it was your lip and thought maybe your tooth had been nocked out. We finally stopped the bleeding, changed our bloodstained clothes, took Cole to school and headed for the ER. You see, when you were not even 1 you split your bottom lip open and to this day you have a scar on the bottom of your lip. I certainly do not want you to have two scars on your beautiful lips, so your doctor told me to take you the ER to see if you need it to be stitched. After 3 hours of waiting in the ER (not a easy task with a wild 22 month old) the doctor came in, looked at your lip, said you would be just fine and sent us on our way! Mommy needed a few drinks that night and for some reason I came to the realization that we will probably have a few more visits with you to the ER. I pray that is not the case! Slow down little one you make mommy very nervous. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment