Friday, October 19, 2012

Softball!

JD plays in a adult softball game on Friday nights. They started in the spring and have continued into the fall. They only have a few more games until they have winter break. JD loves getting together with his high school buddies, drinking beers and just being a guy for the short hour that they play! I on the other hand have not been the supportive wife that I should have been through this year of softball. I think because JD travels so much that I want him all to myself on Friday nights. The games can go as late as 10:00 and by Friday, I am one tired mommy that doesn't want to have to put the kids to bed myself. Selfish I am being. This year was hard to go to the games too because Carly is still pretty young and all she wants to do is run out on the field, roll in the dirt, climb the bleachers, go up and down the stairs and never once giving me a break to sit and watch the game. I know how much fun JD has and I am making a promise to myself that come Spring ball I will attend more games with a smile on my face and let JD enjoy that hour of boy time. Until then, I will enjoy having my hubby home on Friday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment